FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This is to share some details, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns or want to discuss further. Mahalo!
1. Singles and singles players are welcome! Much of the camp learning will improve both your singles and doubles tennis play.
2. Please note the registration does not guarantee your spot in the camp. We are committed to a high pro-to-player ratio and level of engagement. We will get back to you quickly after your registration and to confirm your spot in the tennis camp.
3. Participation is on a first-come, first-serve basis (and for qualified participants).
4. Reduced room rates and discounts at the onsite and luxurious Fairmont Orchid hotel is described on the Your Fairmont Stay page. This rate is available to tennis camp participants and their guests.
5. Participants are not required to stay at the Fairmont hotel. We do recommend the hotel for the wonderful experience, the luxurious stay and many amenities, and the convenience of walking over to and from the tennis camp.
6. Registration fee will be collected after Jan 15th or at time of registration and to hold your spot. Refunds for tennis camp registration fees are available up to June 1st.
7. We recommend you fly into KONA as that airport is much closer to Mauna Lani than Hilo.
8. Do you need to rent a car? Car rental is a very personal decision. You may certainly want a car on Wednesday and to explore: the hotel concierge is happy to help you with that. The hotel also offers a nice, free shuttle service to any place in the Mauna Lani resort, which has a number of great beaches, restaurants, shopping and more. See more about the Mauna Lani resort here. For some local trips (ex. Mauna Kea, Waikoloa Beach, etc.) you may consider a rideshare or local driver too.
9. How is the weather on the Big Island in July? July on the Big Island has great weather and less rain than other months, making it the perfect time to visit the Hawaiian islands. The Fairmont Hotel is in the northern part of the island and the Mauna Lani resort tends to have less rain and slightly cooler temps. In July, we can expect daytime high temps in the 80s and nighttime temps in the low to mid 70s. There is almost always a slight breeze from the ocean. We will have the tennis clinics and play in the mornings when it is a bit cooler (it will be very comfortable) and then participants can spend the afternoon sight-seeing or hitting the beach/pool/spa/other.